- Supply of prosthetic aids and mobility aids.
- Supply of education Aids to individuals and institutions.
- Imparting training in various technical, non technical and rural occasional trades.
- Organizing employment generation, production units with the assured market for products.
- Grant loans to needy disabled persons interested in self-employment schemes.
- Act as State Channelizing Agency for NHFDC loans, entrepreneurship, education, training, and economic development.
- To promote self-employment and other ventures for the benefit of PWD’s.
- To grant concessional finance for PWD’s living below the poverty line.
- To extend loans to the PWD’s for those who are pursuing professional/technical education or training at above graduate and higher level in India or Abroad through NHFDC.
- Supply of Aids and Appliances under ADIP scheme of Government of India.
- To assist in the upgradation of technical and entrepreneur skills of PWD’s for proper and efficient management of production units.
- To provide the concessional loans to eligible PWD’s for income generating activities and micro-financing through NHFDC.
- To promote corporate social responsibility (CSR) projects of public sector enterprises for innovative projects for empowerment and rehabilitation of PWD’s.
- Providing quality, modern, sophisticated Aids and Appliances, assistive devices to the needy differently abled persons for their accessibility to lead a normal life.
- Generate employment opportunities to the physically challenged persons to bring them into the mainstream.
- To provide the pre-examination coaching for competitive exams such as Group’s, Civil’s, Banks, RRB, etc for PWD’s.
The objective of the braille press is to provide educational aids or assistive devices to the visually challenged persons and inhearing impaired persons their making way for their studies on par with normal students for an inclusive environment. The braille script, Tape recording, Pre-recorded cassettes are provided apart from a regular supply of textbooks, calendars (Wall/Dot) will be made in Telugu, Urdu and English languages.
Manufacture of Tricycles in TCPC’s
The production/manufactures of some of the Aids and Appliances for supply to the needy disabled and also articles relating to office requirement by different Government departments, establishments such as Furniture, etc. For supply against indents and this activity is carried on in the TCPC’s under the supervision of Project Officer, Counselling rehabilitation officer and Marketing officer.
Economical rehabilitation Schemes
The TVCC acting as state channelizing agency for NHFDC loans of the Government of India to provide loans to the eligible disabled persons per their economic rehabilitation and monitoring utilization of loan amounts and ensuring prompt recovery.
Schemes implemented through SCA and Nationalised Banks
The TVCC act as channelizing agency for NHFDC and other developmental functionaries as decided by the State Government from time to time. The following schemes and programs should be implemented by TVCC through NHFDC as follows:
- Wide range of income-generating activities.
- Loan for educational, training to disabled persons.
- Financial assistance for skill, entrepreneur development.
- Microcredit scheme.
- Scheme for parents association for mentally retarded persons, loan up to Rs. 5.00 Lakhs.
- Scheme for the disabled young professional.
- Scheme for financing NGO’s working in the area of disabilities.
- Formulate for grant assistance under CSR activities of NHFDC.
- ADIP Scheme to provide the Aids and Appliances to needy disabled persons for their accessibility.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Projects
Corporate Social Responsibility Programme of Public Sector Enterprises for innovative projects including for empowerment and rehabilitation of persons with disabilities
- The New Companies Act, 2013 makes a mandatory provision of making a contribution of 2% of profits towards corporate social responsibility to address social issues and bring about a positive impact on the life of the poor and disadvantaged groups including bringing about inclusive development and help these sections leave a productive dignified life.
- Provisions relating to the activities of this Department are covered under the entry (ii) in Schedule – VII of the said Act: promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly, and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects;”
- Section 135 of the Company’s Act 2013, is regarding activities by Companies in their corporate social responsibility. Ministry of Corporate Affairs clarified vide Circular No. 21/2014 and OM No. 05/01/2014-CSR dated 18.06.2014 that provision for aids and appliances to the differently able persons is covered under Schedule VII (i) under promoting health care including preventive health care.
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
District Welfare Office, Collectorate, Medak.
Location : Integrated Collectorate Complex (ICC), Medak | City : MEDAK | PIN Code : 502110
Phone : 8008771786 | Email : dwomedak[at]gmail[dot]com