NATIONAL INFORMATICS CENTER (NIC)
National Informatics Centre (NIC) was established in 1976 and has since emerged as a “prime builder” of e-Government / e-Governance applications up to the grassroots level as well as a promoter of digital opportunities for sustainable development. NIC, through its ICT Network, “NICNET”, has institutional linkages with all the Ministries /Departments of the Central Government, 36 State Governments/ Union Territories, and about 708 District Administrations of India.
The following major activities are being undertaken:
- Setting up of ICT Infrastructure
- Implementation of National and State Level e-Governance Projects/Products
- Consultancy to the Government departments
- Research & Development
- Capacity Building
NIC Telangana State Centre
NIC State Centre of Telangana provides informatics support to Telangana State Government, State level Corporations, Public Sector Enterprises and other Autonomous organizations of government.
The services include system study, design, coding, testing, training, implementation, software maintenance and handholding support. NIC provides Email and Video Conferencing Support.
At the District level, NIC District Informatics Offices support the computerization activities of the state government offices and ensures ICT services support.
NIC Telangana District Centre
District Magistrates are also being undertaken for design & development under their guidance and technical support of District Informatics Officer (DIO) and Addl. District Informatics Officer (ADIO).
District Administration with support from NIC is executing and implementing e-governance and Digital India initiatives to the grass-root level in achieving transparent, efficient and responsive governance by providing ICT-led developments e.g. NICNET and NKN Connectivity, Video Conferencing, Projects Implementation, Capacity building, eMail and SMSs services, ICT implementation in districts including Software Development, Technical Support to VVIP Events and DeitY Programmes e.g. Digital India, CSCs, DISHA, e-Governance Society etc.
- Prajavani, a Public Grievance Monitoring System for District Collectrates
- Samagra Kutumba Survey: Govt. of Telangana
- HORTNET: A Portal for farmers and other stakeholders of Horticulture and Agriculture and allied sectors
- The integrated Management system of Pay & Accounts Office & Treasuries[IMPACT]
- ISES (Integrated Socio-Economic Survey of Students) for the Revenue Department.
- Karmika Sankshema Nidhi Paryavekshana for Labour Welfare Board
- List of Business Information System LOBIS for AP & Telangana High Court
- Mee Seva Revenue Services through APONLINE
- Online Case Status Information System for Cyberabad for Police Commissionerate
- Online Scholarship Management System for – Minority Welfare Department
- Online Web-based counseling for Engg., MBA, MCA and Polytechnic Courses
- Pension Settlement & Management Information
- ePublic Distribution System (ePDS) & Supply Chain Management (SCM)