Date : 15/08/2018 - | Sector: health
The State Government has embarked on a Noble Project of achieving “avoidable blindness-free” status by conducting a Comprehensive and Universal Eye Screening for the entire population of the State under the title ‘Kanti Velugu’.
The salient features of ”Telangana Kanti Velugu” are:-
- Universal Eye Screening to be done for all the citizens of Telangana.
- All cases that require correction of Refraction Errors, Spectacles to be distributed free of cost
- Surgeries will be organised in all cases of Cataract, Glaucoma, Retinopathy, corneal disorders etc.,
- All the services will be provided free of cost
- Medicines for common eye ailments will be provided
- Citizens will be educated on prevention of serious disabling eye diseases.
All Citizens of Telangana
How To Apply