FUNCTIONS OF HORTICULTURE AND SERICULTURE DEPARTMENT
- Providing technical guidance and assistance to farmers on Micro Irrigation Schemes of PMKSY.
- Providing technical support and assistance on the maintenance of Orchards, Creations of water source (Farmpond) under the MIDH Programme.
- Promotions of high-value Horticulture crops under Polyhouse & Shade net by providing technical guidance and assistance to the farmers.
- Promotion of Vegetable Cultivation in the district by providing vegetable Seedlings, Plastic Crates & Loose Shade net on subsidy.
- For round, the year vegetable cultivation, Low-cost Permanent Pandals, Permanent pandals Scheme has been implementing on 50% Subsidy to the farmers under the state plan and RKVY Scheme.
- Providing assistance on Mulberry plantation, construction of silkworm rearing sheds, Supply of disinfectants.
- Timely providing technical guidance to the farmers on cultivation of Horticulture Crops.
- Creating awareness to the farmers on various horticultural schemes and implementing them by conducting various training programmes to the farmers.
- Encouraging the farmers towards the vegetable cultivation by forming crop colony clusters in the district.
Staff Particulars – Department of Horticulture and Sericulture (PDF 42 KB)