List of Components included in NCDC Programme – 1st year of implementation: NCDC SCHEME
Fisheries is one of the fast-growing sector generating income and employment. This sector aims at the exploitation of all the possible resources under capture and culture fishery base for increasing fish production and productivity through sustainable development. The sector is contributing considerably for, food security, nutrition and health, lively hood security to the rural population, and welfare of fishers.
Activities of the department of Fisheries (Medak):-
- Implementation of various state and central sectoral schemes in the district for the welfare of fishermen.
- Fisheries department will provide technical assistance to fishermen/ fish farmer for the overcome diseases and other relevant problems.
- Organizing training programs and awareness camps for fishermen in the district and also for neighbor districts.
- 100% grant of fish seed is supplied throughout the Medak district.
- Encouraging people to form new fishermen societies and fisherwomen societies.
- Leasing of Government water tanks to FCSs for the development of fisheries.
- Stocking of fish seed on 100% grant in reservoirs and tanks.
- Strengthening of Govt. fish seed farms.
- Establishment of fish markets in Gram Panchayaths and Municipalities.
- Establishment of community halls in PFCS.
- Installation of cage Culture units in Reservoirs.
- Subsidy for construction of fish/prawn ponds and inputs for 1st year
- Organizing SHGs of fishermen/women and providing revolving fund.
- Group Accident Insurance scheme to fishermen and ex-gratia.
- Relief-cum-savings scheme
- Assistance for construction of houses to fishermen.
Extension programs: –
Conducting awareness programmes to Fishermen /Fisherwomen/ Farmers /entrepreneurs stakeholders Organizing capacity building programmes to field functionaries to transfer the knowledge to farmers/fishermen Organizing field visits to educate the farmers/fishermen, Organizing state /National level workshops, seminars in coordination with the other fisheries-related organizations such as KVK, ATMA, NGOs.