DEPARTMENTAL ACTIVITIES OF WOMEN, CHILDREN, DISABLED, SENIOR CITIZENS WELFARE DEPARTMENT
Medak District has 4 ICDS Projects i.e., Medak, Narsapur, Alladurg & Ramayampet.
Objectives of ICDS Projects:
- To improve the nutritional health status for 0-6 years children.
- To develop physical, mental and social development.
- To reduce MMR, IMR and school dropouts.
- To coordinate various departments who are working for the development of women and children.
- To provide various pieces of training for the mothers in bringing up their children for the development of their children.
ICDS Projects are providing a package of services:
- Supplementary Nutrition, Immunization, Health Checkup, Referral Service, Pre School Education, Nutritional and Health Education.
There are 1076 Anganwadi Centers (885 Main AWC, 191 Mini AWC) in the Medak District.
- Each Main AWC has AWT (Anganwadi Teacher and AWH (Anganwadi Helper), Mini AWC has only AWH(Anganwadi Helper).
- ICDS projects are covering a population of 812163, pregnant women 6394, Nursing Mothers 6258, 7 months to 1-year children of 6762,1 year to 3 years children of 21787,3 years to 6 years children of 26030.
- Celebrations of International Women’s Day conducted on 08-03-2019
- Formed Sexual Harassment on women at workplace Local Complaints Committee. Circular passed to all Departments to form the internal committee at their department level.
- Poshan Abhiyan and Poshan Pakwada programme conducted under Nutrition Celebrations from 01-09-2018 to 31-03-2019.
- Conducting Breast Feeding Week Celebrations throughout the district. Mainly these programmes are conducting in thandas to create awareness and bring behavioral changes among women.
II.The welfare of Disabled & Senior Citizens
- (49) Aids & Appliances distributed to Disabled persons e., Tricycles-9, Crutches-14, Wheel chairs-10, Hearing Aids-5, Walking sticks-5, Laptop-3 & Motorized vehicle-3
- Celebrations of International Day of Older persons on 01-10-2018 at ICC Complex, Medak. On this occasion conducted seminar for creating awareness on provisions of Act for effective implementation of the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007” & Rules 2011
- District Level Disabled Sports conducted at T.S.G.R.S., Medak on 13-11-2018 with Persons with Disabilities in Medak Dist.
- Conducted Celebrations of International Days of Disabled on 15-12-2018
- Celebrations of Louise Braille (Inventor of Braille script) Birthday programme conducted on 10-01-2019 at Collectorate, Medak
- Awareness Programmes conducted on provisions of the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007” & Rules 2011 at District Level.
- Special enrollment drive is conducted to enroll and inclusion of all PwDs in the electoral roll as “PwD voter” from 27-02-2019 up to 18-03-2019 in Medak District.
- Specially arranged facilities on Assembly and Parliament Elections for persons with disabilities in polling booths in Medak Dist. e., (310) Wheelchairs are arranged in polling booths, Transportation facilities are provided to necessary PwDs to cast their votes easily from their home to polling booth,
- Disabled persons voter percentage is 89% in Parliament Elections 2019.
- Conducted World Elders Abuse Awareness Day on 21-06-2019. In this programme conducted a seminar for creating awareness on provisions of the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007” & Rules 2011 among the people about the Senior Citizens
III. I.C.P.S.(Integrated Child Protection Scheme)
- Child Rights Week Celebrations at District Level & Mandal Level from 7th to 14th.
- Conducted AG Girls programme in TSRS about Child Marriage 0n 4th Dec 2018.
- Conducted Operation Smile-V in January 2019 and Operation Musakaan-V in July 2019 at District Level, in that we have rescued 194 Children who are found has Child Labour, begging, and child Dropouts.
- Orientation Programme on Child Marriage Act to Pujaries, Pasters & Khajies at District Level on 18-04-2018.
- National Girl Child Day Celebrations at Mandal Level 2018.
- Conducted missing children Campaign at Yedupayala Jathara from 04-03-2019 to 06-03-2018.
- Panchyathi secretary training on Marriage Registration act, Child Marriage Act, Compulsory marriage Registration on 15-11-2018 in Medak District.
- Conducting Yuva program on every 3rd Wednesday of the month in Residential Schools AG girls
- Conducted Bachpan Bachav Andolan in Bricklins and rescued 70 child labours.
Formation of village child protection committees in the Medak District.