Commecial Tax Officer
A Brief Profile of Commercial Taxes Department Government of Telangana
The Commercial Taxes Department is one of the key Revenue earning departments of the Government of Telangana. The following Acts are administered by the Commercial Taxes Department.
- The Telangana Value Added Tax Act, 2005.
- The Central Sales Tax Act, 1956.
- The Telangana Entertainments Tax Act,1939.
- The Telangana (Telangana Area) Horse Racing and Betting Tax, Regulation, 1358 Fasli.
- The Telangana Tax On Professions, Trades, Callings and Employments Act, 1987.
- The Telangana Tax on Luxuries Act, 1987. VII. The Telangana Tax on Entry of Motor Vehicles into Local Areas Act, 1996.
- Telangana Rural Development Cess Act, 1996.
I.T. INITIATIVES IN THE DEPARTMENT
- The Commercial Taxes Department has been at the forefront of using Information Technology for effective Tax administration since 1989. This further got an impetus in the VAT Regime where the focus was towards a more systems-driven approach.
- IT today is the backbone of the Department, providing both online dealer services and Intra-Departmental Functions
Sales Tax Appellate Tribunal:
- There is one Sales Tax Appellate Tribunal in Telangana State at Hyderabad consisting of a Chairperson and two other Members to exercise the functions conferred on the Appellate Tribunal under the Act.
- The Commercial Taxes Department Staff College conducts refresher courses to the departmental personnel